Apply to
Chinese Universities
Preparing & Uploading Application Documents
This article "Preparing & Uploading Application Documents" shows you all related information, tips, and step by step guide about Preparing & Uploading Application Documents, check "Preparing & Uploading Application Documents" and learn tips about Preparing & Uploading Application Documents on CUCAS!

If you apply to university through CUCAS, you don't need to mail your application documents. You simply upload a scanned or photographed copy of the necessary documents after you've filled out the application form. Once you've uploaded documents for one application (e.g. copies of your passport, transcript, graduation certificate), the documents will be saved in CUCAS online application system.

Applications for degree programs have more required documents than non-degree programs and different universities require different documents. Before you start your application, please check the list of required documents on the program's page.

  • Please note the following information:

1. Documents you are required to submit: It's best to use a scanner to scan copies of the required documents. If you don't have access to a scanner, you can take a photo. Scanned or photographed documents must be clear and legible.
2. Graduation certificates and transcripts not in either English or Chinese must be translated into English or Chinese and notarized.
3. Photo: The photo should be roughly the same size as a passport photo. 48mmX33mm.

  • Other issues you might encounter:

1. A notarization of guarantor for minors (for applicants under 18 years of age):
Any student under 18 is required to submit one. Steps for obtaining a notarization of guarantor for minors are as follows. Step one: the student's parents should write a letter of proxy authorizing an adult in China to act as a guarantor. Once the letter has been notarized the student takes the certificate of notarization to the Chinese embassy to be authenticated. Step two: the guarantor takes the aforementioned authentication certificate and writes a letter confirming that they are entrusted as a guarantor and takes these to the local notary office in China for notarization. The guarantor and student will receive a statement of guarantor for minors. The student should then upload a copy of the statement with his/her application documents. Please note: You must bring the original copies of your application documents when you register at the school.
2. A notarization of guarantor in China/Guardian's Letter of Guarantee:
If the student is 18 or over, this should be completed and signed by the student's parents, and uploaded along with the other application documents. NB Most universities do not actually require that the guarantor be in China. However, others do.
3. Economic guarantee:
A guarantee that the tuition fees will be paid. If the student is self-financed, the person paying the tuition fees must complete and sign this form. If the student has a scholarship, please ask the relevant organization to show proof that the student has won a scholarship and upload the document.
4. HSK test scores:
HSK results prove a student's Chinese proficiency. Applicants for programs taught in English do not need HSK test scores.
5. IELTS or TOEFL test scores:
Applicants for programs taught in English must provide IELTS or TOEFL test scores. Students whose mother tongue is English need not provide test scores. Students who hold a high school diploma or degree taught in English do not need to provide test scores but must provide proof from their school or other proof of their English proficiency, as long as it is verified by the school.
6. Physical Examination Record:
Students DO NOT need to submit a physical examination record with their application to a Chinese university. Rather, you will either need to submit it to the Chinese embassy when you are applying for an X visa or after you arrive in China when you apply for a residence permit. NB Only students applying for an X visa (period of study longer than 6 months) need to undergo a medical exam.
7. Resume (CV) or personal statement:
Some universities require applicants to provide a resume or personal statement. A personal statement should be approx. 500-1000 words in length and describe the your personal qualities, interests, educational background, why you want to study in China, your future academic or career plans, and so on. If you are already working, you should include your work experience. Applicants for post-graduate programs should include their field of research and a study plan.
8. Letter or Recommendation:
Some universities require applicants to provide one or two letters of recommendation as a character reference. The referee can be the student's current or former teacher (including a Chinese teacher), or employer. A letter of recommendation should have the referee's signature. It is suggested that a letter or recommendation include: an assessment of the applicant's study and research abilities, individual character, performance, team spirit, leadership qualities, potential for development and so on.

Related Articles               Related Questions

Online Consulting-

Leave a message and reply you soon!

Leave Message & Will Reply Soon