1. Chinese Government Scholarship
You are suggested to start preparing application documents in December and submit your documents to related organizations or agencies in January and February. The deadline is April but usually, you should leave yourself enough extra time for the process.
2. Local Government Scholarship
You are suggested to start preparing application documents in December and submit your documents to related organizations or agencies before March. The deadlines for most local government scholarships are in June.
3. University Scholarship
The best time to apply for a university scholarship is from January to May. But actually, some scholarships are even available for the entire year.
4. Enterprise Scholarship
The best time to apply for an enterprise scholarship is from January to April
5. Scholarship for Enrolled Students
The best time to apply for a scholarship for enrolled students is in September.
Besides the scholarship for enrolled students, all rest 4 kinds of scholarships are available for new students. But not all universities in China could provide the above 5 types of scholarships, and the situation of scholarships in different universities is quite different. If the scholarship is more important for you than the university itself, then choosing the correct university and time to apply for the scholarship is the most important thing for you to get the highest success rate.
Choosing a university wisely and using the service provided by an agency may help you save time and increase your chance of getting a scholarship by going through the process correctly, but please be noted that NO ONE CAN SELL SCHOLARSHIP SEAT, AND NO SCHOLARSHIP IS GUARANTEED. Don't trust anyone that tells you he or she can guarantee that you can get a scholarship and overcharge you. If you have enough time and would like to pay enough endeavor into the process, you can apply for the scholarship by yourself as well. If you would like to spend some money to enjoy professional service then you can choose an agency to help you.
5 Tips to Apply for the Scholarship
1) Apply early – the application deadline is open for a limited time only, so you need to apply on time. There are often too many students applying and so it may be hard to get feedback. Apply to multiple universities and scholarships. It is very competitive so it is better to apply to numerous opportunities.
2) Contacts – Try to get in contact with someone from the university so they can check your application documents are correct. (CUCAS can help you with this)
3) Prepare Documents Carefully – Because there are so many students applying you must prepare all your application documents correctly. If you do not prepare them correctly then your application may not be processed.
4) Learn Chinese
5) Get High Grades and a Good CV
Scholarships are often given to the most academically advanced students, high-achieving, ambitious, and exemplary students with good work experience, high scores, or unique project experience. Focus on keeping your grades up and being an involved student leader to increase your chances.