This article "Admission Requirements for Doctoral Degree Programs" shows you all related information, tips, and step by step guide about Admission Requirements for Doctoral Degree Programs, check "Admission Requirements for Doctoral Degree Programs" and learn tips about Admission Requirements for Doctoral Degree Programs on CUCAS!
These are the general admission requirements for PhD students.
- Non-Chinese citizen in good health.
- 18 years old or above.
- Hold a valid foreign passport.
- Master's degree graduate or the equivalent.
- At least two recommendation letters from professors.
- Study plan or personal statement.
- Under normal circumstances, applicants are required to have HSK level 5-8 certificate or above; or pass the university's entrance examination. Applicants who do not meet the Chinese language requirement are usually admitted if they successfully complete a one-year full-time Chinese language program as a pre-sessional course. (For more on the HSK certificate, please see Chinese Proficiency Test).
1) For those programs taught in English, applicants should submit recognized English proficiency tests scores such as TOEFL or IELTS. (English native speakers or those holding an academic degree taught in English need not provide test scores.)
2) Personal statement normally contains following parts: Personal education or working experience, activity or event experience, personal reasons of why study in China or in the university that you have applied for, or future study proposal etc..